This post will be a bit selfish because it will be all about me and randoms bookish facts about me. I actually saw this post originally from booktube and saw several book bloggers doing it on their respective blogs and since I’m need for another exciting bookish tag post to do, I decided to do my own version of this.
So, to cut the chase, here are 25 randoms bookish facts about me. 😉
- I judge books by their covers. Who doesn’t? I know, we shouldn’t judge because there might be more than what the cover offers but I still do it. I mean, when I go inside a bookstore and randomly stumble upon a book with a cute cover and an okay summary chances are I might buy that book.
2. I’m a Twilight Fan. Up until this very moment and I’m not ashamed of it.
- I read fast when it’s a romance novel. It’s always like that. For some reason, I devour the pages faster when I read a romance book. I still can’t find an exact reason why this always happen but I’m putting an end to it with the reason that I’m just excited to get to the happy ever after. 💖
- I re-read books. Maybe that’s the reason why it’s taking me a really long time to tackle or even make a dent to my (never ending) TBR pile.
- I have a complete Nicholas Sparks book set. Thank you to my awesome friends who gifted me an assortment of Nicholas Sparks books during my 18th birthday (which was 6 years ago). Oh and my all time favorite? Dear John. The book and the movie never fails to make me cry buckets.
- The very first book series I remember reading was The Prey Series by John Sandford. Not really fitting for a 10-year old to read but when my uncle left the books from this series in our house, I find myself reading and enjoying the chase and the mystery of this thrilling and suspenseful series.
- I’m a crier. Whatever genre of book I read if there’s a sad moment e.g heartbreaks, death, separation – I’ll surely be crying about it.
- Don’t get me started talking about books because I might never stop. I just love talking anything and everything about books!!!
- I loooooove book swags. It may be a simple book mark, pins, patches, posters or random trinkets I’ll most definitely cherish it.
- I read in bed and I’m a night-time reader. I’m at my most comfortable reading when I’m lying on my bed. And because of my work schedule, I tend to read only at night or at times on my commute to/from work.
- I prefer Paperbacks over Hardbacks. Though Hardback books looks more aesthetically pleasing, I do have a hard time reading hardback books mainly because they are heavy. I know, I know, my reason is shallow, but I since I usually read while in bed, it’s a hard thing to do. I don’t want to risk falling asleep and getting a bruise or two from a falling hardback book.
- I’m a book-hauler. If my budget permits, I overly haul books.
- Second hand bookstores are my second home. I went over a phase when I go to second hand bookstores weekly and ended up going home with tons of books. And some of these books are still left unread up until now.
- I read two (2) books at once. I usually read an e-book which I can carry around and a paperback book which I read whenever I’m at home.
- I haven’t tried audio-books. I’m excited to venture trying audiobooks. I believe I still have an audible credit (which I’ve won from a giveaway) that I can. 😉
- I haven’t watched the Game of Thrones series nor read the series. Should I start this soon?
- I use my kindle mostly to read e-arcs. That has been my method ever since acquiring a kindle. I rarely buy e-books, so I mostly use it for e-arcs.
- Dog-earing? NOPE! I once lend a book to a classmate way back in college and when it was returned to me, my book is filled with dog-eared pages. I kid you not, I literally went hysterical on him.
- I was riding the train on the way to my practicum place when I noticed a girl reading a book with an intriguing cover and summary. I ended up looking for that book online and lo and behold it was titled The Maze Runner and that started my journey to the amazing world of The Maze.
- Out of all tropes, I hate love triangles the most. I hate complications and feeling of indecision. Can we possibly skip to the happy ending instead?
- I’m a mood reader. But most of the time I ended up reading romance or New Adult novels because work and adulting stresses me out.
- I used to line/highlight my favorite quotes or parts of the books I’m currently reading. But since I find it a bit messy (especially with my crooked lining and highlighting skills) I only use colored tabs to mark my favorite parts.
- I’m not a picky-reader when it comes to genre because I almost read them all. YA, Adult, New Adult, Contemporary, Fantasy, Sci-fi, mystery, romance, I’m all up for it.
- I plan to get a tattoo soon and it will be a bookish one. I haven’t decided what to get yet, but I’ll surely share it to you guys once I’ve decided.
- I sniff books. Whoever doesn’t sniff books are the weird ones for me.
I’m tagging all of you friends to do this as well.
Do we share some random bookish habit or something? Please feel free to leave your comments below. And, if you ever made your own version, leave your links too. 💜